Thursday, September 23, 2010

What is important about coaching?

What is important about coaching?  How do you know?

7 comments:

  1. Coaching is all about the client. What does the client need. Focus on the process and trust in your ability to help.

    Client feed back is the best metric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coaching is a partnership built on trust to guide and support individual clients/groups to a higher level of personal and professional achievement.

    Positive Client feedback/ gut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coaching builds a partnership relationship with an individual that empowers them to uncover and embrace their gifts, talents and values to live the life they've always imagined!

    We know we've contributed to the greater good when our clients are moving forward and celebrating their accomplishments! They then mirror this outward into the world and it becomes a positive ripple effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coaching is many things and each serve their purpose to people in many ways. Some of the most amazing contributions that coaching offers to a person are partnership, support, structure, empathy, listening, acknowledgement and perspective. Coaching gives you someone to talk to and share your thoughts with to get those thoughts out of your own head where they don't always make sense. The coaching process brings a structure that can bring comfort when facing situations or opportunities that are often uncomfortable. A good coach helps their client see what is unseen and hear what is unsaid. They will offer acknowledgment of what is great about the client and make room for the client to acknowledge themself. Coaching also provides ways for the client to take another look and gain a different perspective on what is for them.

    All of these are amazing and important contributions of coaching to a person's life. This all leads to seeing what they want in life and how to take the first step to move forward to their high dream in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My interpretation of this question is a little different. I believe what is most important about coaching is that it presents itself with a set of skills that are not taught within our traditional educational system. We spend our formative years learing about our external world and how it applies to us within. Life coaching is unique in that it develops a person from the inside and applies it to the outside. This is so important because connecting with our core essence is what propels us to accomplish the extraordinary and ultimately find a life of fulfillment.

    How do I know this? I don't know... I guess it simply makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is important about coaching for me is the connection between client and coach and the partnership, which I truly think is lifelong. It's also a fluctuating and challenging situation, whereby we as coaches need to understand that what is an important to us may not be to our clients...because we are not them. I think another constant is that there is a trust in the partnership between coach and client, and that we as coaches do our best in to excel in our areas of expertise. I think that it's important too, that we support each other like you all have in the past few weeks or I wouldn't be blogging here in the middle of the night right now. I'd have given up on my high dream, which is to be a Master Coach (my area of expertise TBD, but just the same....). I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I feel like I know this from a little experience and some client feedback. Honestly, without the true partnership and trust and connection, there wouldn't be a good relationship; therefore how can you know, unless you get some client feedback I mean?

    ReplyDelete